Tagged to reveal little known facts by François, who is in San Francisco. Lucky bastard. The restaurants in San Francisco are cheaper than Ashland. Weird? I know. Weird.
1) The most annoying thing I did in third grade was chase people around pretending to be a Victorian movie camera. Like for the shaft I would make the a-okay fingers with my left hand, then turn the crank with my right.
2) I own a 1992 World Cup soccer ball. But it's torn and mud-stained.
3) Reading a lot of Joseph Wambaugh and playing a lot of Police Quest led a young me to envision a career in law enforcement.
4) I have yet to meet anyone else (besides my mother, maybe) who misses both Neutral Milk Hotel and Dale Earnhardt.
5) Speaking of my mother, I’ve never read a Charles Dickens book by myself. But as a family, we used to sit down every evening on the couch or whatever while she read us books out loud. We read every Dickens novel, I think. I also remember The Count of Monte Cristo taking us like five billion years.
6) One summer (maybe when I was ten or so?) I wrote forty pages of a cruise ship murder-mystery novel with political overtones. To get inspiration, I ran the story as a very text-dense RPG on a BBS bulletin board, with everybody playing out their scenes and stuff. All character appearances were based on my Star Trek action figures.
And do I tag? I tag. I tag Bryan, Jess, Angela, Alex, and Matt Bell.