reading tonight in brooklyn @ 6:30 PM @ powerHouse arena

Hey, if you're in Brooklyn getting pizza, like the dude next to me on the bus is going to do when he gets to Brooklyn, you should consider stopping by Powerhouse Books (37 Main street, Brooklyn NY, take the A/C/E to the Brooklyn Bridge stop) to see the LIT launch party at 6:30pm. Details at LIT's blog. I will be reading a few poems and there will also be readings from Eduardo Jiménez Mayo (on behalf of Rafael Pérez Gay), Traci O Connor, and Nate Pritts. W00t.


Ben Mirov said...

MIKE YOUNG thank you for reading. Will yiu send me a copy of the last poem you read

Mike Young said...

thanks dude! =) the last poem is actually online here:


but i can also email you one if you want

Dan said...

i found a website. it's a list of texas death row inmates' last words. i read this one and i thought, "oh no", and then i thought, "blood meridian" and then i thought "mike young."

"Kelsey Patterson

Executed: May 18 2004

Age: 50

Age at time of offense: 38

Crime: Murder of an oil-company owner and his business secretary. Was standing naked in the street, not far from the murder scene, at the time of his arrest.

Last statement: "Statement to what. State what. I am not guilty of the charge of capital murder. Steal me and my family's money. My truth will always be my truth. There is no kin and no friend; no fear what you do to me. No kin to you undertaker. Murderer. [Portion of statement omitted due to profanity] Get my money. Give me my rights. Give me my rights. Give me my rights. Give me my life back."


Mike Young said...

that's badass / i think i've seen that website before / is that also the one that lists their last meals?